UConn Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Research Initiative
The UConn JEDI Research Initiative aims to support innovative research, scholarship, and creative work in topic areas related to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). We seek to fund projects that have the potential to make significant contributions to ongoing scholarly/scientific/artistic conversations in these vitally important domains. Projects that aim to improve UConn’s competitiveness for emerging external funding opportunities related to JEDI or that propose novel interdisciplinary collaborations are particularly encouraged. Proposals from all disciplines are invited.
Topics that may be of interest under this initiative include:
- Contributing factors to the growth/persistence of racism, bias, and/or inequities
- The intersection of race, gender, class, sexuality, and/or ability
- The impact of systemic racism or implicit bias on civic life
- Development of research-based interventions designed to address/mitigate inequities
- Novel approaches to raising awareness of or reflection on JEDI-related issues
- Other topics consistent with the overall goal of understanding challenges related to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and developing innovative solutions
Note: As the main purpose of this funding opportunity is to seed innovative research into JEDI-related topics, applications focusing on the implementation of internally focused JEDI trainings, events, speakers, etc. will not be considered under this program.
- Proposals are due July 1 by 12:00 noon.
- Submissions should be made via the UConn Quest Portal. The portal will open to receive applications by Monday, May 9.
- Review will be conducted by a team of faculty and other scholars with expertise in JEDI-related research topics and methodologies.
- Award notices are expected in September. Award setup will begin immediately after notice, pending the completion of compliance review.
- Level 1 - Faculty/Institutional Development - awards up to $5K
- Level 2 - JEDI Scholarly/Creative Expansion - awards up to $20K
- Level 3 - JEDI Research Expansion - awards up to $60K