UConn Quantum Startup Awards
Advances in quantum science have the potential to have transformative social and economic impact.New technologies are poised to revolutionize major industries, creating opportunities for new applications that will fuel economic growth.
To accelerate the translation of quantum technologies, UConn’s Office of the Vice President for Research is creating a new program to support faculty entrepreneurs interested in creating new startups based on quantum-related innovations – the UConn Quantum Startup Award
This program is offered as a companion program to the Quantum-CT Regional Innovation Engine project. Quantum-CT, led by UConn and Yale University, is an effort to build an innovation ecosystem of researchers, educators, industry, and state/local stakeholders to harness the economic impact of new quantum-enabled technologies through technology development, innovation and entrepreneurship, and advances in STEM education and workforce development.
- Program opens 8/15/23.
- Submissions to be made through the UConn Quest Portal.
- Proposal deadline 10/30/2023
Eligibility: The Quantum-CT Startup Formation Awards program is available to UConn / UConn Health faculty or postdoctoral fellows from UConn or UConn Health.
- UConn/UConn Health faculty of all ranks are eligible to apply.
- The UConn/UConn Health faculty member or postdoc applying for the award must be one of the core startup team members (founder, co-founder, interim CEO, or similar).
- Startups must be centered around a quantum and quantum-adjacent technology that has been disclosed to UConn’s Technology Commercialization Services team.