UConn Quantum Innovation Seed Grants
Advances in quantum science have the potential to have transformative social and economic impact. New technologies are poised to revolutionize major industries, creating opportunities for new applications that will fuel economic growth.
The UConn Quantum Innovation Seed Grant program is designed to encourage and catalyze collaboration among researchers from UConn, Yale University and other regional academic partners, corporate/industry partners, and other stakeholders to explore, develop, and translate innovations and applications related to quantum technologies. Building on existing strengths at UConn and within partner organizations across the region, this program seeks to support the development of use-inspired applications of quantum technologies relevant to the following research areas and industries:
- New materials and manufacturing methods for fabricating quantum devices
- Quantum computing and algorithms; quantum assisted optimization, quantum simulation
- Advancements in data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Quantum information technologies, quantum sensing and cryptography
Quantum science is expected to have direct applications in industries in which Connecticut has a strong presence and workforce:
- Healthcare and biotechnology
- Insurance and financial tech
- Other use sectors
This program is offered as a companion program to the Quantum-CT Regional Innovation Engine project. Quantum-CT, led by UConn and Yale University, is an effort to build an innovation ecosystem of researchers, educators, industry, and state/local stakeholders to harness the economic impact of new quantum-enabled technologies through technology development, innovation and entrepreneurship, and advances in STEM education and workforce development.
- Program opens 8/21/23.
- Submissions to be made through the UConn Quest Portal.
- Proposal deadline 10/30/23