Honors Program GPA Dismissal Appeal
You may use the Honors Program Dismissal Appeal form if you received a dismissal email because you did not meet the Honors Program minimum GPA requirement. If you desire to remain in the Honors Program and would like your case reviewed, you need to petition to have your dismissal reconsidered by completing this form by June 28th at 11:59 pm EST. This is a firm deadline. You will hear from the Honors Program by August 1st, after a decision is made about your appeal.
Completing the Honors Program GPA Dismissal Appeal Form
Your appeal will be individually and carefully considered by members of the review committee to determine if you will be approved to continue in the Honors Program. The form includes opportunities for you to share information about the circumstances resulting in your current GPA and to explain a reasonable and feasible plan for improving your GPA and reaching the 3.400 GPA needed for Honors graduation.
Please consider the following when completing the form:
- Appeals must be submitted online via the Honors Program Dismissal Appeal form by June 28th at 11:59 pm EST.
- Your appeal will be individually reviewed and carefully considered based on your circumstances and the feasibility of your plan for improvement.
- If you have any pending grades, put this information in the appropriate section of the form.
- If you have plans to repeat courses to increase your understanding of materials and improve your GPA, include the details in the relevant section. (Repeating Courses information.)
- Your appeal should explain your circumstances, but you should only provide the details that you are comfortable sharing. Provide us the necessary information to give us a sense of how the situation impacted your academics. There is a space limitation (2500 characters), so be detailed, yet concise. Before writing your appeal, please read the “Important Note” below.
- The appeal form will ask you to outline your plan for moving forward. You should explain what specific actions you will take to get back on track. Let us know the new strategies that you will enact to improve your academic performance.
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 3.400 is required to be in “good standing” in the Honors Program; this is the minimum GPA required for all Honors awards.
Please be sure to complete the appeal form and upload your transcript and then submit. You will receive a confirmation email for your records.
Please know while we will make every effort to review your appeal as soon as possible, it may not be reviewed immediately upon receipt. Please note that all University employees are mandated reporters of child abuse or child neglect. In addition, UConn employees have responsibilities to report to the Office of Institutional Equity student disclosures of sexual assault and related interpersonal violence; any information you submit in this appeal is subject to UConn reporting policies. If you feel you need more immediate assistance or support, we encourage you to reach out to the Dean of Students Office and/or Student Health and Wellness- Mental Health. In addition, if you have concerns related to sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence and/or stalking, we encourage you to review the resources and reporting options available at: https://titleix.uconn.edu/.